Funding is available for individuals, youth and alter-abled clients who seek to develop skills for an identified employment opportunity or career/work goal.
In order to receive consideration for funding, clients are required to contact a team member at Gezhtoojig Employment and Training via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free 1-800-361-9256.
The approval process involves consultation with many community partners and is a vital part of the recommendation process for each client. Therefore, contact should be made at least three weeks prior to the start date of the initiative. Eligibility for financial assistance is determined on an individual basis.
All requests must be approved prior to starting any training program/initiative.
Please review the following forms and completion of intake forms is required by each Client:
Supporting documentation must be provided by each Client:
- SIN and Status Card.
- Updated Resume.
- For a Purchase of Training you must provide the following:
- Research Kit – Download
- Acceptance Letter with start and end dates and all costs associated with the course (tuition, books, supplies, and any other fees associated with the course).
- For Mobility, a letter from Employer confirming the interview date, time and position.
- For Relocation, a letter from Employer confirming the position and start date.
- For Targeted Wage Subsidy or Job Creation Partnership, the employer is required to complete the Training Proposal Work plan and provide a job description/posting. – Training Proposal PDF
Completed and signed client contracts must be received in the Gezhtoojig Employment and Training office prior to commencing any interventions/initiatives.